Saturday 4 November 2017

The Starting Over

When you have a chance to look back over the past, you often come across things you never thought could happen. It feels like yesterday I was sitting in Africa on someone's couch. Now I'm sitting in South Carolina. With a broken ankle I left Kenya, and made my way back home to Utah. A few weeks at home, and I received surgery on my ankle. With a few ligament fixed, and bone chips taking out, I found myself in a new position. I found myself not knowing where to go. I either could go to collage, or I had the option to return on my mission. But what I didn't realize is that God really did have plans for me while I was at home. Was a girl in the plan...i guess so.

I took my sister and her friend to dinner one night. Called my best friend. And we went. We went to my sister's work place, and I met the manager. He said he needed some more people on the crew. So I decided to apply for the job, out of a whim. Well I ended up getting the job. It was amazing. I was hired on to be a manager in training. I got right into learning the perks of everything. And I loved it.

That's when I met her. Well this girl was very pretty girl. One of the managers at this job. I started to talk with her. Well trying to anyways. Considering I didn't know how to talk to girls, she was open to me. I think one of the first things I asked her, was if she was happy. And I felt like I should ask her that everytime I was with her. What I didn't realize then that I do now, is that she was starting to like me, and I was starting to like her. Well the rest is really history. I never would have thought I could fall in love so fast. And with someone like her. One thing that's amazing is she is so in tune with what I need, and she is everything to me. I love her so much. I want to spend eternity with her. I want to be able to be hers.

And so I started over. I began to change for the better. And I wouldn't go back to who I was. She has helped shaped me Into who I am today. And it's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

12:24 am.  What am I truly passionate about? What are things that truly make up who I am today? Why is it so hard to figure out what you w...